Chop Wood Carry Water Plant Seeds is a blog about Self-Sufficient Homesteading. How can we live by creating a sustainable bio-diverse world, instead of by consuming and destroying the only one we have? What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Sunday, January 15, 2012

The School for Self-sufficient Householding Sunne


This is the first post in this new blog of mine :)
I am to start the studies for Self-sufficinet Householding in Sunne, Sweden and am looking forward to it.

The course starts February 27th and will finish in October, so 8 month of schooling will be lots of fun.
The school is located in the part of Sweden called Värmland and is somewhere between Oslo (Norway) and Stockholm. I was up there only once, visiting a good friend which bought a house close to Årjäng. Very beautiful nature. Apparently they have many wolves up there (brrrr).

I will be living up there with my dog Bailey, which is an Italian Water Dog aka Lagotto Romagnolo.

My dear wife and I are planning to buy a small farm in about a year or so and this was the main reason for me deciding to take these studies. Being a city boy I dont know much about farming, but that will change soon.
This school will give me insight into how things work on a farm. This school is focused on permaculture and self-sufficint organic farming.

No comments:

Post a Comment