Chop Wood Carry Water Plant Seeds is a blog about Self-Sufficient Homesteading. How can we live by creating a sustainable bio-diverse world, instead of by consuming and destroying the only one we have? What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Log Hive Beekeeping

This log hive is of primordial shape, used in the begining of beekeeping. Like a feral hive, the "Bien", the wholeness and the single entity of the bee colony, can take up it's natural form and gestalt. The log hive has two entrances, so it can be turned annually, for inner restructioning, receiving of honey and health.

The warmth of the bien reminds me of catching a swarm one spring day. For some reason I decided to use my bare hands to move them off a branch. I used neither veil nor smoke. I talked to them and very slowly I began touching the outside of the swarm cluster. It was as warm as my hands. I slowly moved my two hands into the swarm until my palms were filled with bees. It was like holding a warm liquid body in my hands. At the same time it felt as though someone was touching my heart. The bees and I were relating with each other at that moment with a language beyond words. It felt as if love was pouring into my heart. I had touched a sentient being, and it was touching me as well. This experience changed my perception so that I live with bees in an entirely new way.

In this pivotal time when life on earth is in transition on so many levels, the bees enter our awareness worldwide through their struggles. They can become an inspiration for a change in our cultural, emotional, and agricultural landscape. Steiner emphasizes that “we need to study the life of bees from the standpoint of the soul”. In the end, the world shows us whenever the soul element is missing in our lives. The current plight of the bees shows us the repercussions of our limitations. As our life-long allies, the bees mirror our own struggle to live in this world. Their encouraging message is to wake up – to wake up to this fragile, wonderful and precious world, to wake up to a heart-centered reality. May we all wake up!

Source www.gaiabees.com

No comments:

Post a Comment