Chop Wood Carry Water Plant Seeds is a blog about Self-Sufficient Homesteading. How can we live by creating a sustainable bio-diverse world, instead of by consuming and destroying the only one we have? What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Apple slicer/peeler/core remover

My wife bought me a very fine present :) I'm so happy about it I can't explain! Almost like a child getting a much wanted toy for christmas :) Thank you Kristine xxx
I am planning to dry lots of apples for the winter. Slice them and then put them into my solar dryer or alternatively above the fireplace if cold outside.
It takes lots of time to slice the apples and remove the core with seeds by using a knife, and this is where this cute invention comes in handy :)
It does 3 operations at once;
- peeling
- slicing
- core removing
I made a short video to give you an idea how great this tool is (you can buy it on ebay cheap) ;

No comments:

Post a Comment