Chop Wood Carry Water Plant Seeds is a blog about Self-Sufficient Homesteading. How can we live by creating a sustainable bio-diverse world, instead of by consuming and destroying the only one we have? What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Monday, February 24, 2014

Chop Wood Build Greenhouse

We have 4 large Pine tress growing in front of the greenhouse. I started cutting off all the lower branches to open it up a bit. There is lots of timber for winter :) I discovered one 2 meter tall Horse Chestnut in between the Pine trees. It didn't receive much light before but now I removed all the shading branches. Chestnut is a great source of pollen and nectar for the bees.
I'm building a second greenhouse. Not really ... this green house part is connected to the main green house. This part is more for the Kiwi trees and Grapes which are already there. I will also plant a few Fig trees I think. I did not spend any money so far on building this greenhouse. The previous owner left lots of stuff behind. That said, we will have to buy the corrugated plastic roof. Im counting to find enough second hand windows to cover the walls. Lets see how this goes. I must hurry up though because the season is around the corner :)

2 comments:

  1. Hvor heldig du er at finde et kastanjetræ! Så kan du inviterer børnene til at komme og lave kastanjedyr til efteråret! ;-)

    ReplyDelete