Chop Wood Carry Water Plant Seeds is a blog about Self-Sufficient Homesteading. How can we live by creating a sustainable bio-diverse world, instead of by consuming and destroying the only one we have? What kind of teaching have you got if you exclude nature?

Friday, August 8, 2014

Our very first grain harvest

I almost forgot to blog about me harvesting our tiny scale grain production :) This spring I have got a few handfuls of heirloom seeds: wheat, oat and barley
I planted it all in May and now in August I harvested all 3. Of course I make sure they are dry before harvesting.
These plants have grown very well and didn't get any disease. I still dont have enough for a serious production but will have in two years I hope. I will be using the grain for my chickens and ducks as well as sheep if they want to eat them in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment